Vendor Resources

Vendors, please use the links on this pages for any necessary licenses you may be required to carry for the Crofton Farmers Market. All Licenses or Special Event Permits must be completed 2 weeks before the first market day to avoid a late fee.

Maryland Cottage Food Law

Please be sure to review the Cottage Food Law for Maryland as many of our vendors will fall under this category.

Special Events – Temporary Food Service Facility License

A temporary food service facility is one operating for no more than 14 consecutive days, or at a Farmers Market at a fixed location in conjunction with a fair, carnival, public exhibition, construction project, recreational facility or similar gathering.

Mobile Unit Food Service Facility License
Vendors will need this license if they are preparing food on-site – $395/year

The Anne Arundel County Department of Health is responsible for inspecting and licensing all mobile food service units, such as hot dog carts or sandwich trucks, or other type of mobile food units. For more information on licensing and to download applications, view the following links:

More Information about Mobile Unit Food Service Facilites

See Mobile Unit Facts and Requirements

To obtain a license to operate a mobile food service unit, such as a hot dog cart or sandwich truck, or other type of mobile food unit, the required forms and fees are as follows:

1. Mobile Unit application $395
[download the Mobile Unit Food Service Facility application] (PDF)
2. Mobile Unit Acknowledgment form no fee
 [download the Mobile Unit Acknowledgment form] (PDF)
3. Workman’s Compensation form no fee
[download the Workman’s Compensation form] (PDF)
4. Structural Plan Review fee
high/medium/low priority no fee
[download the Mobile Unit Food Service Facility application] (PDF)
5. HACCP Plan Review fee
high/medium priority only $750
See Mobile Unit Plan Review Requirements
[download the Food Service Facility application] (PDF)

After these forms have been submitted to the Department of Health, call 410-222-7239 to make an appointment to have your mobile unit inspected. The unit must be brought to the Anne Arundel County Department of Health (lower parking lot) located at 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD for this inspection.

Miscellaneous Information

All Food Service Facility licenses expire annually on February 28. If you currently hold a license, you will be mailed a renewal packet in December. You may, of course, download and use the license applications from this website for your application. Penalty fees will be assessed for each 30 day period after the due date until the application and all fees are received by the Department of Health.

Other Helpful Links

Tent Anchor Weights